Hydrate the healthy way this July with the below recipe for “spiked water” – many variations are possible, the recipe is just a guide!Makes 6 cups
- Still or sparkling water
- Ice (optional)
One or two of the following:
- Fresh mint leaves, crushed
- Sliced oranges, lemons, or other citrus
- Sliced strawberries
- Blueberries or raspberries
- Strawberries and basil
- Sliced ginger root with lemon
- Cinnamon sticks or star anise
- Place fruit and/or herbs of choice into still or sparkling water to taste and add ice if desired.
- Stir and let flavors “marinate” for 10 minutes and enjoy. When preparing larger quantities, refrigerate up to 24 hours until ready to serve.